Kontent driven websites have achieved many awards over the years. Here are some highlights.
Kontent New Feature - Definitions
Easy addition and management of definitions within your documents.
Kontent New Feature - Human Readible URL's
Kontent now supports human readable URLs like /kontent/newfeatures across your entire website. Human readable URLs are created algorithmically without manual editing or updating.
Kontent Upgrade History
A brief timeline of functions introduced or improved since the release of Kontent version 4.
Kontent is a set of powerful online publication creation and maintenance functions for website content management. Kontent provides a web-enabled administration interface to website content. There is no client side software, plugins or other code to download, Kontent driven websites are entirely administered using any standard web-browser.
Kontent is much more than a content management system. It is a fully featured, highly customisable web application delivery platform.
Kontent was designed:
- to empower our clients with the ability to manage the content of their websites without needing technical knowledge or assistance;
- to do so in an easy to use, straight-forward, non-technical way so that our clients could focus on producing quality content rather than technical design;
- to separate the layout and design of a website from the actual content so that both could evolve with a minimum of impact and wasted effort on the other.
- entirely web enabled and database driven online content creation and management system;
- proven technology with extensive national and international user base. Kontent is used to serve hundreds of millions of web pages annually with greater than 99.999% uptime;
- extremely flexible system that allows rapid website development or conversion and deployment of information - we customise each system to suit the business processes and internal procedures of each client;
- competitively priced and fees are billed monthly with no minimum term requirement. The system is modular so you only pay access fees for the modules you have access to. There is no per user, per computer or per administrator licensing.
- total online solution supplied by GKY as an all in one service incorporating content management, user management and web hosting all in one seamlessly integrated package.
Content related features
- Kontent powered websites are divided into any number of "Sections" which can contain any number of "Articles";
- Each "Article" can be made up of any number of headings, paragraphs and images. Page layout and headings and paragraph styles are customisable across an entire website or Display Area;
- site layout and style is entirely independant from site content. Either can be modified without affecting the other. Modifications to either are reflected instantaneously in the public website and administration user interface;
- articles can be associated with any number of defined terms. Defined terms are automatically hyperlinked to the appropriate definitions when they appear in the text of the publication;
- Kontent supports Dublin Core metatags for each article including the full AGLS set of value components;
- each paragraph in an articles can be associated with any number of uploaded files. This provides an easy way to produce a HTML version as well as Word and PDF versions for downloading;
- newsflashes are short information items that can appear on any part of a site. They can be set to display and expire on particular dates automatically. They can also be linked to articles to provide additional information on the newsflash item.
- Kontent is designed from the ground up to produce the most accessible and user-friendly websites. Indeed, Kontent is one of the few CMS systems available where the administration interface itself is developed in accordance with the W3C user accessability guidelines.
The Kontent system is made up of 3 core modules and an additional 4 optional modules.
- Admin module controls user access and privileges to all Kontent functions and other modules;
- CMS module provides all of the functions required to add and manage online content;
- Newsflash module used to add and manage short information items (Newsflashes) that can appear on certain pages or certain parts of pages across a website.
- CRM modules provides all of the functionality you'd expect from a class leading client relationship management system, including tight integration with CMS and Online clients modules;
- Calendar module provides an automatically updated online calendar for events, notices or any other type of information that users want to access by time or date. Includes functions to permit and manage online registration for events. Can be integrated with payment gateways to accept online payment of registration or attendance fees;
- Email module integrates with CRM modules and CMS module to allow generation of rich HTML emails to your users and clients based on your templates and stylesheets within the CMS;
- Online clients module this module allows part or parts of a website to be username and password protected at an individual user level. Users can also be grouped to allow regions of online content to only be accessible to members of a particular group;
- Discussion groups module provides online discussion groups that allow users to post messages and follow discussion threads much like Internet newsgroups except that a news reader and news server are not required. Discussion groups can be moderated or unmoderated;
- Links module provides an online database of hyperlinks with title and description which can be used to provide content for a Links page or other areas of a website where the content involves a large number of links that need to be searched or automatically ordered and sorted. This provides a much easier way of managing a long list of hyperlinks than including them in an article;
- E-payment module provides integration with MIGS payment gateway systems for online credit card processing;
Online shop module provides e-commerce functionality and integrates with e-payment module and CRM module.
The right balance of features, speed and usability
Over the course of its development Kontent has evolved to meet and surpase its design goals. Whilst each release of Kontent provides users with more features we have worked very hard to maintain the speed and usability that has always been part of Kontent. Indeed with the release of Kontent 4.0 the user interface was made simpler with an improved layout.